Leiniesred
South Denver Commuter

Bikes: 2003 Spec. Epic, 200ish Bianchi Milano

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We have an office bicycle.

It was a stray 1980's GT mt. bike that spent at least 1 year in the woods before I towed it 4 miles into the office on flat tires.

One night, during a software roll-out, my wife came by the office and whipped up some "DEATHMOBILE 4.(skull)" graphics and a skull for the head tube while I taped up and took apart the bike for refinishing.

I got 2 cans of $1 spray paint and painted the wheels/frame up rat rod style. The tires were pretty much rotted off, but I found a $5 pair of NEW whitewalls on the back wall of a sporting goods store a few months after the initial build. Grips were rotting off, so I wrapped the bars with some of my white hockey tape. Everything that was broken on the bike I simply removed (sometimes with a hack saw.) There are about 6 functional gears in the back. Couple of skull valve caps and a couple of skull license plate bolts add a little subtle style. So we're talkin' about a $10 bike here.

I'm watching for a free/$1 shorty chrome rear fender for it. I know, Chrome don't get ya home, but I think it would add a little more style to the bike.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
kdk_0026 (Medium)..jpg (87.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg
deathmobile 4 full bike..jpg (99.3 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Leiniesred; 07-29-10 at 02:51 PM.