Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Kneez
Wear helmet. Problem solved.

It's not that hard to do.
I don't think very many people have ever decided to get on a bike without a helmet because wearing a helmet was too difficult. You already knew that, though.

Originally Posted by Kneez
There are people who think the law does not apply to them and I am suggesting that the law does apply to them.
Everybody fervently believes that the law doesn't or shouldn't apply to them, when it's not in their interests. That's human nature, and you're no exception. If your neighbor erects a fence on your site of the property line, after ten years the property line moves to the fence, and you've lost some of your land; this is the adverse possession law. If you own land and have some of it legally stolen from you, I guarantee you'll be complaining much louder than the people who just got bike helmet tickets. Hopefully K Bike will have the tact not to troll you right afterwards.

The problem is that you're taking the tone that people have committed some kind of grave moral transgression, like cannibalism, because they've broken a petty law. But law and morality are very different things; a man can't be arrested or fined for cheating on his wife.