Old 07-31-10, 09:23 AM
Gavush
(this space for rent)

Bikes: 2018 Synapse Dura-Ace, 1995 Specialized M2-pro, 1995 Gary Fisher Montare

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
So.. thursday was "full moon ride" on the natchez trace Wife got home at 7:30 which gave me just enough time to get there at 8 for the t-time, I get there, and lots of cars but no bicycles. Have Mrs. check online, ah, they left at 7. Bah, that's way too early to leave on a supposed full moon ride. So, I head out, and decide to try to catch them. They were doing 14 miles out and then back... I thought the C group would average about 12, and they had an hour advantage on me so I thought I would catch them on their way aback at around mile 12 , giving them a 4 mile advantage. I was close.. passes the last rider (scott, bike shop guy, running sweep) at mile 9.55. Good thing I hollered out to them "you guys C group??" as I went past because scott said "huh?" and I was like "oh, is that you scott??" (it was dark out) and I knew he would be the sweep so, I turned around, chatted with him a bit, looked at my bike computer w/ my headlight, 20.3 average. Told him I might as well try to keep the average up and carried on.. passed about a dozen people on the way back (C's, plus it helps to be chasing tail lights) and got back to the car at about 19 miles, 18.9 average. Impressively, did not throw up the 1 slice of pizza and 1 bread stick I had for dinner at about 6:45.

This morning, 35 @ 15avg with buddy Mike from down the road. Good ride, got kinda tired at the end. Nowhere near as punchy as Wed evening or Thursday. Saw some unusual clouds (wind currents?) that were to the south of a nasty black looking cloud mass that got us a little wet and prompted a stop at a gas station to beg a plastic baggie off them for my wallet, phone and camera (when will I learn?) and then there was a unique veggie stand sign (just saw I swapped the links - I'm sure you get it tho)

CFMarauder: good luck on your MS150, I'll be on my 3rd on this Oct. - it's been a blast every year. We get 800-900 riders in my area, I can't imagine 1800! Wow. The one I do is called "bike to Jack and Back" and Jack Daniel's is not only a major sponsor but we have dinner at their private pavilion / lodge up on "party hill" on the distillery property and they serve a super dinner, and some drinks! Last year I got my wife to help out with our team rest stop and she camped out with me Saturday evening and got to go to dinner on party hill since she was a 2 day volunteer. Here are pictures from 2009 and 2008

Last edited by Gavush; 07-31-10 at 09:32 AM.