View Single Post
Old 07-31-10, 12:50 PM
paperbackwriter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm not saying that Andy and Frank aren't cool, that I don't like them or whatever. But in my opinion- and I guess it's too subjective to spend time arguing about this, especially considering that I don't really know any of them- they're both arrogant. Andy kept saying that he's in the form of his life, that he can beat Contador who's not so strong anymore, that Alberto's nervous, that Sanchez and Menchov aren't rivals for him- generally stuff which made him look like he's super confident and if nothing else, like he will actually try hard to win. And then the whole "Alberto should be more afraid than me" thing, really? Frank after Tour de France mentioned in the interview that he believes he would make a difference and that he could even win- and maybe it's only me, but I find saying it quite stupid and pointless.
As for being the leader of the peloton when you're still competing for white jersey- sure, I'm far from saying he won't mature, he just hasn't yet and yeah, that's okay.

And about Contador, again, I don't find him arrogant or insipid, but I accept someone can see him in different light, it's not like he's my best friend and I could tell what kind of person he really is. He seems extremely careful with what he says about other riders and about himself too- maybe that's the reason why some people don't find him interesting, but I like it. Being charismatic on the bike is one thing, everything else is an addition.

Sorry, I know it's over and I guess it was senseless to go through it one more time.