View Single Post
Old 07-31-10, 06:03 PM
pinoy413

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Any Idea what this bike is or how much it's worth? (PICS)

Please excuse me, I am a bicycle NEWB (as well as forum NEWB)

I was helping some friends move out and there happened to be a road bike in the garage that they were going to throw out, I figured I would ask them if I could have it and sure enough they let me have it (free). All I know is that the bike is way too big for me and wanted to sell it, but have no idea what it's worth or what model etc. it is? Here are some pictures, maybe you'd be able to know. Here are a few pics (sorry in advance if my photography skills suck). So far I know it's probably an 80's model Trek Elance 400 with a Reynolds 531 frame. There are some pics here and the one with the serial number is actually "238644". If you don't know what it is, no big deal! Just thought i'd run it by you. I don't even know what size the frame is, but its definitely for a tall rider. from the seat in lowest position to the ground I measured about 98cm and from the base of the seat tube to the bottom of the frame was about 64cm.

BTW: Everything on this bike is functional and works. I was thinking about putting it on craigslist, but no idea how to price this. Thank you all for your time in advance.

-Mike