View Single Post
Old 08-02-10, 11:55 AM
Ruffinit

Bikes: Bridgestone T700, Colnago International, Cannondale SR and ST 700, BH Vento, C. Itoh Super Light, Schwinn High Sierra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have 4 Cannondales and am in the process of purchasing a 5th. Only one of them is a touring bike, ('88 T700) but I will tell you that many folks say "aluminum" as if they were all built with the same tubing and geometry. Cannondales have a "feel" to them that the other aluminum bikes do not. Not easilly explained. Just suffice to say that you will NOT be disappointed in a Cannondale purchase.
I also own two of the other legendary loaded touring bikes (both steel); a Bridgestone T700 and a Specialized Expedition. The Bridgestone has over 50,000 miles on it. It is an amazing rig. There are differences in all three touring frames, but it's a difference, not a better or worse, just different.
As for the LHT... it's like a gas-pipe steel bike compared to any of these three rigs.. I'd put it right there with Huffy. You can ride it, and you can load it, but it has no "spirit".