View Single Post
Old 08-03-10, 10:30 AM
Out-The-Back

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
QUOTE=grolby;11222338]No, that's not the lesson.[/QUOTE]

Enlighten me! Seriously, not being a smartass.

My understanding has always been, when entering a corner, hold you line and hold your position, the inside isn't for trying to make up positions. Motocross, car racing...different story.

That said, I have and do pass in the corners from time to time. Rarely on the inside and when I have, I've told the rider I was there, I was coming through, and to grab my wheel cause we're going for it. Obviously I've only done this with riders I know. Other passes have always been on the outside early on to avoid the yo-yo effect, conserve energy, and get up to the front where I like to race...again, there's usually nobody there and/or I communicate my intentions.

Apus, hahaha, yeah you're right. Insurance is paying for her bike...I'm not to broken hearted it although the initial shock sucked!

mattm, thanks and the Twilight crit was awesome, I'll definitely be back next year. CCC was a good race as well, being more of a crit racer, it definitely exploited my weaknesses. No excuses...I'll be more prepared next time.

Anybody know anything about the Tulsu Tuff? It was recommended to me and I'm thinking of putting it on my calender for next June. 3 days of crit racing (if you're cat3 or above, 2 days if not) on 3 different courses sounds like a blast!