substructure
RustyTainte

Bikes: zilch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikerhymeswith
mocksville nc crit part of crossroads series - not safe; roads are horrible condition; roads closed at 5:30 racing at 6:15 - no one swept; Water street is an alley at race speeds and it's gutter is sunken; corner 4 had a sunken manhole on the inside; mixing 4/5/juniors in a big field on a .5 mile course is a bad idea;saw a guy elbow a junior - why not a soft hand - safer for everyone; advancing on short straights is difficult and led to lots of corner diving which brought the Water St sunken gutter into play; roads were so bad that i pinch flatted a tubeless hutchinson atom on 8 to go; when i put away my bike the front tire blew because it had been cut down to the threads; having no more wheels, i could not race the masters so i lost my entry fee

crossroads crits are off my calendar; i can do better; too much marketing and not enough quality for the racers
We try to get as many cities/towns to host our events as possible. Yeah, sometimes the streets are not quality. The main problem is to squeeze all of it in between 5:30-10 as possible. In doing so the city officials scramble to close roads at 5:15. We were still putting up barriers while the 4/5s were lining up to race.

Also, we have to combine fields and we even have to skip women's races until Saturday because of the time limits we have. This is our 10th year but we are not going soft or getting comfy with how each event is hosted. Neal Boyd puts his life into it and tries to make it the best for everyone - racers and spectators.

No hard feelings, but I will convey the message because we want to make things better. Mocksville has always been a tough course and most racers realize this before getting out there. I wish we could do something about the race course but it's sort of out of our hands. Sorry, man. Hopefully you won't bail on us totally.