Old 08-05-10, 02:12 PM
BianchiDave

Bikes: 2000 LeMond Buenos Aires / 1996 LeMond Alpe d'Huez / 2009 Scott Scale 60

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sanitycheck

EDIT: By the way, Dave, if the forum software allows it you might want to clarify your thread title (the "Some cyclists don't know their role" part). After reading your post, I understand that you mean "their role in escalating the situation", but when I first saw the thread title I read it more as "damned uppity cyclists don't know their place" and (wrongly) thought you were going to be an idiot.
I see your point it was written pretty fast.
I meant it as cyclists knowing their role to encourage cycling and not to blindly assume it’s just another idiot driving a car. Madison ranks high as one of the bicycle friendly cities but time after time I have people informing of the ridiculous encounters they have had with bikers.
Trust me I go way out of my way to promote safe and friendly biking it floors me on the amount of complaints I receive. This one today just happen to top them all.
Now don’t get me wrong, I still would have had an issue if it was a pedestrian or a motorist displaying the same amount of disrespect but I think since I have a huge passion in cycling my standard is higher for them (myself included.)

The lady did tell me since she was a student at the UW she couldn’t afford a new car, I responded back with “you should look into purchasing a bicycle, they are cheaper, take less maintenance and think of the money you can save in gas” she said “yes I should, you get in good shape.”