Thread: My new Cervélo
View Single Post
Old 08-05-10, 05:20 PM
Sprocket Man
Prefers Aluminum

Bikes: Wife: Trek 5200, C'dale Rush Feminine, Vitus 979 Me: Felt S25, Cervelo Soloist, C'dale Killer V500, Miyata Pro (fixie)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Ah, a new bike! It's just like falling in love. You can't wait to get home to be around your bike. Even when you're not riding it, you find yourself gazing and admiring it. You can't imagine that there would be a better bike anywhere else- it's the perfect bike for you!

Then after about a year, you find yourself riding it less and less. And when you do ride it, you arrive home, prop it against the wall, and ignore it. You find yourself looking at other people riding bikes and think, "Oooo, I wish I had a Colnago (or Litespeed or Moots or whatever)." Then, after a particularly bad day on the road, you arrive home cursing your bike. "I wish I had never bought you! I hate you!!!" And you secretly wish that your frame would just break one day so you have an excuse to buy another one. You even think about hiring someone to break it for you, just for the insurance money. After much soul searching, you decide to do the right thing and sell it, so you can buy a much better bike.

Excuse me...please disregard the previous paragraph...enjoy your bike.