Old 08-07-10, 11:21 PM
NoReg
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
That url didn't work for me.

One can braze with bronze using TIG. Consensus is that the bead laid down is not large enough for a braze alone joint. Whether there is some skillset that would allow pushing that, I don't know. Freddy Parr might know. Main use as I understand it is to cover tig beads so they can be faired where for some reason that is a) desired; b) bondo isn't posh enough.

Or maybe your pic is off an older process. Probably at all earlier times, but particularly during the war, they invented whole processes that started from the point well the X indutry won't get any strategically important Y material, so the boffins would invent a whole new process to get by on that used some stuff we would laugh at today. Note, they won the war. These days the options are represented as only a few. But there are lots of ways of doing stuff, and often even today given industries will be all for one method over another. For instance some high performance industries MIG 4130, others would only TIG it. Another guy who has made a study of this stuff is Kent White.