Yaniel
SLO-1

Bikes: '09 BMC Road Racer SL01

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by j mazz
yah, yah, yah, don't cross chain - I say, then why is it there? I want to get down the street as fast as possible not do calculations in my head, I don't even want to look down. What chain am I on, how many teeth, let's see, if I shift now, what ratio will I be in? will I have to up or downshift from there?, etc. etc. easier to just stay in that ring and make the quicker shifts.
I finished a 30 miler this morning... annoying to have it rub, nobody else on my group ride seems to have this iisue, Bianchi, Felt, Scott. Switching from the small to big ring is not clean and quick on the Rival either. Just not a big fan of it, debated getting the 105 group... woulda, shoulda, coulda.
your group seems to be tuned wrong. my rival group shifts perfectly on the front ring, and only rubs slightly on the small ring. my old 105 group on the other hand would ruB on the derailleur and the large ring. If you want to fix your chain rub problem, i'd look into whos tuning it. On the other hand, it could be your frame. My friends bike has chainstays that are a different length than mine and puts his chain in much more extreme angles.

Not cross chaining doesn't require as much thought as you make it seem. If that's too complicated maybe a geared bike just isn't for you. Anyway, if you're trying to get down the street as fast as possible, why are you even in the small ring?

Last edited by Yaniel; 08-08-10 at 11:29 AM.