Old 08-09-10, 06:03 AM
BigPolishJimmy

Bikes: Fuji Monterey, Schwinn Traveler, Fuji Special Road Racer, Gitane Interclub, Sun EZ-1, Schwinn Frontier, Puch Cavalier, Vista Cavalier, Armstrong, Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Stingray

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Follow-up:

Well the first batch of lemonaide has been made. I have been planning on giving a bike to a friend who has been interested in riding but bought a Huffy mtn bike a couple of years ago. Not entirely surprising, he is not satisfied with his modern-day huffy, so I decided I would give him my Motobecane. Actually he picked a similarly equipped Schwinn Sprint out of my parts frames, but the bike needed more than I could give right away, so he got the Motobecane. Maybe sometime in the future we'll set up the Schwinn for him, but I almost suspect once he rides the moto for a while he'll like that better.

Here is a pic of it about 3 years ago when I was trying to ride it. Note the bmx layback seat post(rigged on with old innertubes for a shim) and the long stem, I think I have pedal extenders on it too. Obviously the bike was too small, even so, I could feel the quality in the ride. Not the highest end Moto out there, but there's still plenty of good points and one does not look a gift horse in the mouth. I got the bike from the original owner who bought it in '78 I believe.

Since I was planning on putting new cables on it, I asked him what type of bar he preferred. Turns out he wanted cruiser style bars, so the WorldTourist gave it's bars to the project. Next I rememebered that the front tire had a dent in the rim, so I transplanted that from the WorldTourist as well. Then the tires were missmatched, so I put a new one on the back. It turned out rather well, and I think my friend is going to get some good use out of it.