Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 599 Times in 331 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
1) What is the longest ride you've ever been on? --- Longest event: four 1200K randonnees with a time limit of 90 hours including all breaks; Most km ridden in one 24-hour day: 462.4 km http://www.machka.net/24hour/2006_UMCA24hour.htm

2) What is your longest distance in a training (something repeated weekly or monthly) ride? --- when I was doing the above riding, 100 km rides were weekly occurances, and 100 mile rides happened at least once a month, often more; over the last year my distance has diminished quite a bit, but I'm hoping to build it back up again as summer approaches.

3) What do you consider your "this is starting to hurt" mileage? --- back in the 1200K/24-hour event days, anything over 400K. I struggled with the 600K distance in particular; now ... anything over 100K - frustrating.

4) Do you have a distance goal? If so then what? --- Yes! Getting back up to doing 1200Ks again!!
Originally Posted by coasting
Does anyone read this and not think "nutter"?

I'm impressed by such madness.
I read it and think "nutter"!!

But it has been an adventure!! I have absolutely no regrets getting into Long Distance cycling, and want to get back into it again. Through LD cycling, I've had the opportunity to travel and see several countries, as well as getting to know the area where I live. And through LD cycling I have met many great people ... one of whom I married.