View Single Post
Old 08-10-10, 02:23 PM
Zaphod Beeblebrox 
PanGalacticGargleBlaster

Bikes: Upright and Recumbent....too many to list, mostly Vintage.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Rossignol Bikes?

I didn't know Rossignol made bikes... I'm familiar with their Skis, but I figured that was it.

I was on my ride into work this morning (riding the Miyata 1000 today) and came up on a guy in his late 60's or early 70's riding a red and white bike with chrome Bocama Lugs. The name on the downtube was "Rossignol" I did a triple take on the name because I figured it was probably "Rossin" and i was just reading it wrong, but sure enough it was Rossignol and had a headbadge to match. All Campy components, and If I spied correctly it looked like a Cottered Campagnolo Crankset. Well it was cottered for sure but I do think it was campy...he even had some vintage clipless pedals going. Very cool to see a bike like that in my area, there's not a lot of vintage interested folks around here it seems.

I was just gonna keep on keeping on but I had to slow up and pace the guy and chat him up about the bike a little. He had a bit of an italian accent and said he bought it in Italy around 1970 (although I suspect the bike was more late-60's). Nice dude and it was a nice thing to see this morning.

Wish I could have snapped some pics but I wasn't about to ask the guy to pull over just for that.