Old 08-11-10, 04:14 PM
Copperhed51

Bikes: 2008 Felt F5 w/ SRAM Force, 2002 Giant OCR2, Specialized Stumpjumper M2 Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shimagnolo
Sorry, but w/o the data, we just can't believe you.

Did you forget to charge it?
I have never run my 705 down, even on rides that last from dawn to past sunset.
I kind of forgot and kind of didn't. It's a ridiculous story but I realized last night that it was low on batteries but had just gone out the front door a few minutes earlier to grab my video camera from my car to charge. The front door wasn't the quietest thing in the world and I didn't want to keep waking people up in the house so I elected to wait until morning to grab it while I was wrenching on my bike. I hooked it up to my computer to charge it and it was on there for about an hour. I figured that would be enough (otherwise I'd have taken my laptop with me and charged the gps in the car on the way). So, basically I didn't charge it enough because I didn't want to wake people up with a loud front door.

As an aside for anybody in the know. The gps does have an 80KB NVM file with today's date on it but I have no idea what that is. Is that today's ride info in the wrong format maybe? If so, think it's recoverable? HELP!!!!