Old 08-11-10, 04:22 PM
RoMad

Bikes: Litespeed Tuscany , Lemond Poprad, 1970's Motobecane Grand Record

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
A short trip on a MUP as a walker

I am currently working near Tarpon Springs Florida where the Pinellas Trail passes through. I am still restricted by Dr. to no bicycling so I decided to take a walk on the Trail. I parked by the old train station and headed south at about 7PM two nights ago.
I was walking along at a pretty good pace, thinking about what a nice evening and a nice trail when WHOOSH, a guy on a CF bike whizzed by me from behind without any warning.
I jumped pretty high for an old guy I guess, but no harm was done. I had left my pistol in the car, so I let him go without incident .
As I walked further a 50+ looking fellow on a nice looking Serotta passed me from the front and greeted me with a small wave. A few minutes later the same guy on the Serotta passed me from behind. As he neared me and before I heard his bike he called out " on your left, plenty of room to pass". I thought that was extremely nice of him and said thanks as he rode by. I'll bet the other walkers on the trail probably appreciate it when he does that for them.
I think when I am back to riding I will be sure to use my bell for all walkers as I approach them from behind.