Old 08-12-10, 05:13 AM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
Originally Posted by 3speed
http://racine.craigslist.org/bik/1814244064.html

<<SNIP>>
As you can see, the guy isn't particularly informative in the add. When I emailed him to ask if it was still for sale since it was an older add and then get more info if so, he just replied with "still for sale." Then I emailed him again asking specifically if he knew the model/year and about the height (seems like the diamond backs were odd number of inches - 21",23", etc. not 24") and he just replies "easier to call me 555-5555 it was my wifes she's 5'5" the seat can be raised a bit." .
You really are expecting too much from the seller. Most sellers on C/L are clueless, and just want to get rid of stuff. They do not want to take extra pictures, they do not want to use a tape measure, they do not want to do a thing. They just want it gone, and some cash for them of course.

Sometimes this can yield a fantastic deal. Other times, they have some notion that the bike is very valuable. It cuts both ways.

Personally, I prefer clueless sellers, as it cuts down on the competition. They aren't answering other potential buyers' questions either.