Old 08-13-10, 08:36 AM
ianbrettcooper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doohickie
But I don't see Bek as being harmful to the overall image of cyclists. JF, in my opinion, is...
From what I've seen so far in this forum, neither of them are hellbent on winning any contests for good citizenship or respectful behaviour. I think it's wrong to single out John Forester simply because he's more famous when Bek is equally arrogant, dismissive of other people's views and all too willing to engage in immature needling and character assassination. All arrogant and disrespectful behaviour is bad for the overall image of cyclists, whether it comes from a famous person or an unknown and whether it's on the road or off. I think it's hypocritical to criticize JF without doing the same to anyone else who is acting poorly.

Ad hominem attacks and name-calling simply don't belong in a forum like this, no matter what the source. But for those of us who prefer not to deal with the adults who behave like children, there's always the forum's 'ignore' feature (click on a member's name, view profile, add to ignore list). With such a feature, the forum rewards intelligent and respectful members and effectively silences the folks who everyone knows are the real jerks.

Last edited by ianbrettcooper; 08-13-10 at 08:52 AM.