CCrew
Older than dirt

Bikes: Too darn many.. latest count is 11

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cfblakeman
I had the cables checked as part of a $175 maintenance stop a month before it blew, and the front one was replaced. The back one was considered fine.

Should I have already replaced the bottom bracket, the chain rings, and the seat post bracket when they all started failing the day I bought the bike with zero miles on it? The shifter is just icing on the cake. If it was the only thing that had happened with this bike I wouldn't be posting here. I didn't say a thing about this on any forum for over a year of ongoing trouble until Specialized decided they weren't going to stand behind this lemon. That's not whining, that's calling out a manufacturer who has decided taking care of customer service issues isn't important.

If you've got something of substance to say, great. Personal attacks really don't showcase your intelligence very well.
First off, I didn't mention the rest of the parts. Second, the cable isn't Specialized's fault. It's a wear item just like a clutch disc or brake pads since we're using the car analogy around here.

Your issue on the cable should be with the shop that blessed it and Specialized isn't in the mix. I don't own DA components, and even I know that a year of use is tops on DA cables. I also know like another person stated that DA is finicky. Since you paid for the maintenance, you should have told them to replace the cables as a timed maintenance event.

The fact that you didn't was a fail. And whining about having to pay for your lack of foresight is an additional fail. That's not a personal attack, that's just fact.

With any high performance item a higher level of maintenance is expected. BMW since everyone is using car examples, I guarantee that a M6 will require more oversight than your generic version. You can carry that into all aspects of performance. It's just a fact. And the fact is you bought at the top of the race curve and then want to blame everyone but yourself for all the issues. You have not taken ownership for a single thing.

Does Specialized have culpability? By the sounds of it yes. But they're not here complaining to a bunch of people that don't have any control over whether your bike gets fixed. You don't like contradictory views to your own you shouldn't have posted in an internet forum. Yet another fail.