Bikes: Specialized Roubaix Expert 09, Custom 2013 Bike Friday Pocket Rocket

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1. I had knee problems.
2. I got a good pro fit.
3. I didn't have knee problems anymore.
4. I wondered why I waited so long to get a fit.

I'm sorry but I didn't see you answering weather or not you have had a pro fitting anywhere. All the things people are saying in this thread are really interesting but not to useful until after you've gotten a basic fit imo. I realize this might not fix every problem but when you get a fitting the guy should be able to figure out symmetry problems or problems in your posture. He will be able to look at your shoes and everything. The guy that gave me mine showed me my knees where a bit splayed and he noticed little things like my cleats were 5mm off on in one direction. If you have already had a fit go back in and tell them your problem and have them look at you again. If they can't find anything you should have your knee looked at by a doctor imo.

P.S. as for nonfit issues that can make one knee hurt over the other.

If it's the leg you unclip/clip in the most cleat tension may be to high causing problems in one leg (this caused me achilles problems that still hurts a little)
You make have weak muscle tissue in one knee
Your damn shoes might not be the same height
you may favor one knee over the other and push harder with it (a problem I'm constantly dealing with)
your saddle could have been knocked to one side.
probably a bunch of other reasons

Last edited by garethzbarker; 08-13-10 at 05:36 PM.