cycle17
Warrior Cyclist

Bikes: 2021 TCR Advanced 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by campyman099
I have read the ENTIRE thread. Having been riding/racing bicycles for the better part of 20 years I have tossed my chain off the chainrings a few times, mostly due to poor FD adjustment. Having said that, none of my frames suffered any damage. I understand the CR are flexy and that would cause you to dump your chain, but to cause damage to the frame?
Just curious...So in 20 years you've never seen a chain tossed that then dug into the paint, aluminum/Carobon Fiber around the bottom bracket of the frame?! Wow! I wish I still owned the CF Trek that threw the chain just twice and chewed right through the paint and dug into the CF underneath leaving it "white" similar to what the OP described. Or the bike my old LBS had in that had thrown a chain off a triple several times and badly gouged the aluminum frame to heck when the chain finally got wrapped in the rear cog and then pulled with force across the BB area. You've never seen that in 20 years in the bicycle industry?? Hmmm.... I'm surpised. Even if it did not damage the true structural integrity of the CF frame on the OP's bike... why would he want a 6k plus bike to have a chewed up frame as a result of parts that Specialized admitted where faulty?? I can relate to what the OP is feeling but I'm also not surprised that some here @ BF cannot. I've been a member long enough to learn that.