Voodoo76
Blast from the Past

Bikes: Felt FR1, Ridley Excal, CAAD10, Trek 5500, Cannondale Slice

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by carpediemracing
... I know that at the last Bethel race I was following my teammate's wheel at 34 mph and my HR came down about 4 bpm during the leadout. That was enough to buy me a long sprint (won the field sprint and caught 3 of the 4 guys in the break). If I had two guys to lead me out, I think my HR would have dropped more. Sitting on a teammate's wheel at the front of a Cat 3 or 3-4 field is great - unlikely to see a counter-leadout, and for me, I stay on the wheel with bursts of power followed by coasting. So I coast a lot when getting led out; a rider following me would probably do the same.

cdr
Got ya. To my point how much were the wheels you were following metering effort? Not much I would guess. I thought the OP was trying to get at some optimum rotation. My opinion/experience was there isn't one, one out of the two riders has enough gas to stay away at the bell or it's not gonna work. He is gonna win. However if it isn't you there is no shame in 2nd. The roll of the dice is who goes with you in that situation more than what you do.

If you want to rotate for a short distance pull thru on the inside of each turn, use the course. Key here is pulling thru not off. Guess that is what I was trying to get across.