View Single Post
Old 08-14-10, 07:24 PM
mconlonx

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7148 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by vik
I can't imagine the PM was going to say "ya we totally screwed up the axle placement relative to the load!"...he is trying to sell them after all.
Very true, and I certainly was unable to test loaded handling; just reporting the partyline answer straight from the product manager. I believe it was something like, "Not an issue... extensive testing... blah, blah, etc." Dismissed the issue entirely.

On one hand, you could believe someone whose job it was to be responsible for testing and release of the bike vs. Builder guy's opinion based on photos only, no first hand experience with this particular bike.

On another hand, no escaping physics, and loading the extreme rear of the rack sure looks like a bad idea that would have to affect handling.

Maybe they made a compromise toward more bikelike feel while unloaded or more typical light loads over ultimate stability while heavily loaded.

Who knows. I'll get one because we want the elec assist one, and I can EP it at substantial discount.

Then I'll load it up and get back to you. I'll be sensitive to this specific issue since the subject came up.

We're told some crazy Icelanders managed to fit 6 people on one bike...