Old 08-15-10, 07:02 AM
coasting 
Still can't climb

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by KiddSisko
My Saturday evening turned dramatic! Early this morning, a group of friends and associates went up into the big mountains (San Gabriels) to shoot some video footage for a project. I almost went, but there were already too many cooks involved, so I opted to not go. Well past their expected return and still no word, I began getting calls from concerned sons, sisters and wives regarding their whereabouts. Well, the first thing is that there's no cellphone reception up at that height and location, even on the main roads and at the ski village. But the late hour (90 minutes since darkness) was the real issue. I tried thinking of every logical explanation rather than jump to dire conclusions. Eventually even I was concerned and so we pooled all the information we had: what they were wearing, their vehicle, the general destination including lat and long grid numbers from Google Earth. Just before we called the rangers, they finally phoned. Bottom line: it took longer than expected, going was slow on the way down in the fading sunlight, they took some injuries, but they got excellent footage.
that's exciting. so they didn't get attacked by a mountain lion?

No @coasting, you should stay 100% as you are right now, don't change a thing....quote Heathpack