View Single Post
Old 08-16-10, 07:15 AM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
We have had several offers to coordinate a 50+ 2011 ride. Where do we go with this? Is there enough interest? If the location is too far, please suggest another closer to you.

Shifty:

Anyone interested in Eugene, Oregon? I'd be happy to coordinate. and - I would, a base in Santa Rosa would be fantastic.

Beverly - not sure if she was offering to coordinate?
I liked linking the ride to a sponsored event. It allowed us to choose the length and difficulty for riding. There's a 4-day trail event in SW Ohio that might work for a 50+ annual ride. http://www.greenetrailsclassic.com/

sinclac - Somewhere in CA
We could do the same here i would be more then willing to coordinate it all, we have such a vast aray of rides here considering our location.

Anyway, I am going to drop out of the picture. There will either be enough interest or the idea will go away. No sense pushing anything on anyone. I would keep it fairly simple. Someone simply announce a place for a ride, let folks sign up for the ride at the web page of the ride, etc. It got pretty complicated for our first ride. I think the 2nd was simpler. Hopefully, we learn by experience!!