Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Spire
I don't think that buying super-ultra cheap products is really going to make his riding more comfortable... If he could only upgrade one, which one would you upgrade (that is the question he is asking)
See my edited comment above.

I'm a long distance cyclist who has been and is very comfortable using inexpensive equipment. My current saddle is the least expensive Brooks, and as mentioned above, I did a lot of riding, comfortably, on a $14 saddle. I have never paid more than $40 for a pair of cycling shorts. I got my current favourite shorts half price for $35 from one of the bicycle shops in the area ... they are Fox shorts and are beautifully comfortable. Also as mentioned above, I use Conti Ultrasport tires, and have ridden something over 100,000 km with them.

Would I be significantly more comfortable with more expensive stuff? Maybe ... but not necessarily. I figure, why fix what ain't broke.

So for to the OP, I'm suggesting shopping around, checking the sales, and quite possibly being able to buy inexpensive versions of all three items to make cycling more comfortable.