Old 08-18-10, 01:47 PM
Palomar01
SpeedFreak

Bikes: Motobecane Le Champ Ti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've seen the posts. It is a mix of marketing practice hate, Shill hate, brand hate, etc. But there is also a lot of posts putting down the Motobecane name because it is "not the original Motobecane". In the meantime, most of our bikes are built by the same factories that make the Motobecan bikes, and the practice of "resurrectng" the name is very common across the board.

Look at how people here beat up on Scattante. Probably just as bad as they way they beat up on Motobecane. I'm surprised Neuvation doesn't get beat up as much with their house brand.

Honestly, I prefer the name brands myself simply because they look really nice and their colors schemes are generally better. I also believe racing improves the breed, and since the name brands always race, things they learn from racing are transferred over to their bikes. However, since it is the same factories that make these frames, who's to say those "performance secrets" are not transferred over to other housebrand frames? Nobody really knows except Kinesis, Giant, etc. I'm sure it bleeds over.