View Single Post
Old 05-04-05, 09:42 PM
thecosmicmuffin
mike.pretzel

Bikes: GT Sprint(roadie) Nishiki Stony Point(stolen), Mid 80's Huffy Cruiser, '69 Schwinn Collegiate(needs work), Raleigh Technium(In progress fixed gear) Schwinn Mesa new project bike!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veloiseau
as much as ppl like mike dee might despise wannabe messengers and the like... to me it's like this:

if fixies continue to be this trend for hipsters, let it be. at least they are riding a bike, man! sure, they might spend way too much money buying black hair dye, but for that moment in time when you see them struggling to mash up that hill, they are on a bike! don't we want more ppl on bikes? hell, i'm probably a guilty party in all this, being a fixed newbie. seriously, i didn't want to try a fixed gear because of the "trendiness" of it. i resisted for quite some time till a friend lent me his ride. but when i did try it i loved it because of how it felt. it was an almost spiritual experience, because i had no expectations. anyway, back to ranting... the argument of "they'll give real riders a bad name" is silly. every rider is responsible for his/her behavior, and honestly--this attitude of "i'm better than you cuz i'll beat you across a bridge on my hot track bike, you f-ing roadie conversion" is even worse than being a wannabe messenger.

anyway... that's it.

(*in a really soppy melodramatic voice*) why can't we all get along?
amen fu*#ers