Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pablosnazzy
i don't care how many times it's been asked before, i'm asking again.

how close is your nearest trail, how far do you have to bike/drive to ride? are you lucky enough to be able to cycle to the trailhead, or do you have to drive? how often do you ride your nearest trail? do you drive 15 miles to ride your bike 7 miles? how far are you willing to travel to ride (not your nearest trail, just a trail you heard of that you want to ride)? what is the farthest you've traveled to ride your bike: how long to get there, how long did you stay and ride?

please answer as many as you desire
I have trails I can ride do and I like to do trails I have to travel to. My closest trails are Peter's Canyon about 3 miles away and Irvine Park 4 miles. I do either once or twice a week. I have traveled cross-country to the east coast to ride and to Europe. My favorite area is Utah, particularly Moab, a full day's drive away. I just finished up a trip on the North Rim grand Canyon and can't wait to go back. Tonight I am doing Limestone Canyon/Loma Ridge. I can ride there (it's about 8 miles away) but I rather spend my time riding in the Canyon so I'll drive there (15 minutes away at most). Most weekends I ride... mountain one day, road the other and generally travel to start/meeting place so the terrain varies each week. I live in a vacation destination spot (just north of Newport Beach, CA) so I don't usually travel far. And I can ride year around - another plus!

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.