Thread: bikes direct
View Single Post
Old 08-19-10, 09:13 PM
MK313

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm not really sure that I can think of any other ways that the company might "try to deceive customers". Aside from the naming, I can't think of any other ways in which the company would be able to pull off any kind of deception and get away with it. Aside from some customers having fit and/or assembly issues (which can probably be said of any bike manufacturer/LBS-to varying degrees), I haven't heard of any other charges leveled against the company. What other ways might such a company build upon their 'deception' to defraud customers? After a certain number of years in business, I think that hints at larger scale nefariousness must be discarded as nothing more than speculation.

Originally Posted by tjspiel
I don't like the fact that they bought the rights to use the Motobecane and Windsor names among others. These were respected brands and BD used the names to give themselves credibility even though the bikes they were/are producing have no connection with the old companies. I just find it deceptive and if they're going to be deceptive in that manner, where else are they going to try to deceive the consumers?