View Single Post
Old 08-22-10, 01:54 PM
xraybiker

Bikes: 2009 Kestrel Talon Road, Trek 850 MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My very short experience 2 cents worth......

I am a Noob but I thought I would give you my 2 cents.

I just bought the 2009 Kestrel Talon Road a few weeks ago. I have only logged about 40 miles on it so far but everything has been great. I currently top out at 255lbs and i have not had any issues with the bike itself. I have been tweaking things like Saddle (Fore/Aft), post height, and cleat position to "fine tune" my ride. I don't if my comfort on the Talon is just starting to come around because of my adjustments or the fact that my A** is starting to get used to a road bike. I now really have no excuse to get out and hammer away.......

Not being able to speak to the longevity, I will say this.......If you can find a new 2009 Talon for sub $2000, i would jump on it. Mine has a full Ultegra Group and is smooth as silk when shifting and braking. That group would cost you over $1 K by itself. I was lucky enough to get great advice from my LBS and picked it up for $1800 out the door. My guy even swapped out the big Shimano double for a Sram compact for nothing. I added a Sigma 1909 and haven't looked back........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Kestrel_Talon-Road_2009..jpg (36.7 KB, 11 views)