Old 08-23-10, 07:11 AM
TechKnowGN

Bikes: 2009 Fuji Newest 1.0, 2011 Trek 3900 Disc MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sunday Ride Report for Mr. Beanz

Longest ride of my life yesterday both in distance and duration. 56 miles with 2000 feet of climbing. I admit I walked a couple of the tougher climbs, because even with all the riding and training there simply isn't a good way to emulate these types of hills where we live.

Took me 4:16, which was only 16 minutes over my goal. I rode more of the hills than I thought I might. Also hit my new max speed on a bike; I didn't look at it too long, but I definitely hit 47 MPH yesterday, and I think I went over that.

I was passed by a bunch of people (it was sort of a big group ride, 2200 people or so), and passed several on downhills. The middle 22 miles or so were relatively flat with a false flat down going out and reverse coming back.

The only point where I didn't think I'd make it was when I stopped on a hill to take a drink, and both of my thighs seized up at the same time. I didnt Id be able to walk, let alone bike. That was scary. Thankfully after a few drinks, standing still, and then walking for a minute they opened back up and let me continue.

http://beta.mapmyride.com/profile/2238733/