Old 08-24-10, 06:52 PM
lexm
Erudite white trash

Bikes: Rivendell Clem Smith, Jr. Low, Rivendell SimpleOne, Schwinn Super Sport ('87), Velo Orange Campeur

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question for Moultoneers: When/how often/why do you break down your Moulton?

We fold our folding bicycles at home, at our outbound destinations, and sometimes (as in the case of multi-modal commuting) at points in between. The Moulton isn't a folding bicycle, but a separable one. Its separability presumably aids in storing the bike at home, transporting it by car, stowing it in a large suitcase for travel, shipping it in a box, and perhaps other purposes that escape my imagination.

Other than storing the Moulton at home, I imagine the other circumstances I've listed are atypical. Wherefore, I write to ask the Moultoneering faction of our forum:

What are the typical circumstances in which you release the kingpin and break down your bike?

Do you break it down at home after a ride? at your outbound destination? other times or places?

I ask in part because the forthcoming TSR-2 is being positioned as a commuter bike and I'm trying to get a feel for whether it falls closer to a full size bike or a folder in everyday use. Any and all advice much appreciated.