Old 08-28-10, 11:49 PM
shuttervox

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How much light output are you finding with the flashlight?
I find it to be blindingly bright, especially in comparison to bicycle specific headlights. These modern "tactical" type flashlights are pretty impressive. It casts a nice even pool of light makes riding at night easy, even with no street lamps.

Of course, you pay for that with battery life... at it max setting, it lasts a little over an hour. I tend to use the medium setting, and get more like 2 hours. Low setting lasts around 6hrs. I use Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable AAs, and just put in a freshly charged one before every night ride.

(full review here for flashlight geeks)

Cat Eye type "headlights" last like... 100+ hours, but there is no free lunch. All LEDs are pretty efficient, so anything that is going to actually make the road visible is going to be pretty expensive energy wise. As far as I am concerned, bicycle specific headlights are just blinky white lights that inform cars which end of you they just ran into

Also, what kind of bar tape is that?
Cinelli natural/tan cork tape, 6 coats of Bulls Eye amber shellac. The "fatness" of cork tape really depends on the amount of overlap while wrapping, and I went with just enough overlap to hit the previous edge with the line of adhesive. Copper wire wrap on ends.

Here is a better shot of the bar tape:

[k]

Last edited by shuttervox; 08-28-10 at 11:57 PM.