Old 08-29-10, 10:49 AM
folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lexm
I ordered mine (M1R in red) nine days ago. It feels like much longer ago and there's still a long way to go. My test ride (on a black M1R - I also tested a Tikit) becomes a distant memory.

How did you take your mind off the wait for your ingenious folding machine? Did drinking help?
There was no waiting time for the initial purchase of my own Brompton. The model that I wanted-CE3-was in stock and ready to go when I went to the very-far-away-from-my-residence bike shop. The B-Spoke option was not offered at the time I was last in the market for one. But that did not deter me from doing additional upgrades and improvement on my little primary bike over the years. So....my waiting period is actually a series of waiting periods as I like to do gradual upgrades when the bike goes into the shop for tune-ups. I think I will continue this practice with my present Raleigh Twenty and any future Bromptons I buy. The waits seem to make the bike more attractive to me-and ease separation anxiety that you seem to suffer from also.