celloguy11

Bikes: 1977 Schwinn Varsity converted to SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
I did not think people in nashville knew what a penny Farthing was

Haha. Yeah, we do. I personally did not purchase the penny farthing, but i thought it was funny someone was selling one on craigslist. That said, in my journeys around the city, I have seen a guy on a penny farthing before. Maybe this one?

Oh yeah, and I found this ad today on craigslist. 300 bucks for a "vintage" Schwinn? I paid 125 for my 77 Varsity and I felt like I over paid a bit.

Schwinn 12-speed World Sport Men's bike - $300 (Franklin)

Date: 2010-08-28, 2:49PM CDT
Reply to: sale-8zwgf-1924390353@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

This is a Schwinn 12-speed World Sport Men's bike. This cycle appears to be all original and is in good condition. It shifts and stops great and is fast too. I did not notice any cracks in tires. The front rim looks straight and I just bought new back rim 2 weeks ago. The blue paint is shiny and in better than fair condition (a few chips around the forks and lower frame). The foam grips on the handlebars are in good shape. The front rim has a quick release hub. The bike is equipped with very comfortable gel seat (I have done many rides over 15 miles with no problems). The tires are Schwinn HP Sport 26 inch. Also comes with the chrome bottle cage, (two plastic bottles- just remind me), no kickstand. Tool kit under seat includes a spare tube and tools to change a flat. Pump also mounted on bike. For info call me on my cell 615-584-4218 or reply to email.

This bike is pretty light, it is approximately 26 lbs, (11.9 Kilograms).

Look this baby over. It is really a sweet bike. I am not sure what year it is. Check out the photos. I love the bike but I need to buy a 24” bike since I am too short for stops at lights plus my first love is mountain biking! I ride the bike to and from work several days a week. This is a very good bike in good condition for anyone taller than 5’-6”. I am firm on my $300 dollar price (it is worth more) or will trade for similar quality 24" mountain bike!