Old 08-30-10, 04:50 AM
Folding-Bikes

Bikes: Pacific-Reach SL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
4 things:

1st) today I joined the CarryME club!! What an amazing bike! talking to George Lin (who designed the bikes, 70 years old, but still manages to cycle 1000km on every bike he produces before selling them) I simply couldn't say no to one of this badboys!

The dedication, passion, and love the people that make this bike is truly inspiring, and this brings me to the

2nd thing)

I tried the CarryME DC today, the new model that is coming out next year, what a bike! weights 12kg, does 20km and it looks like a regular CarryME! all the electrics are inside the frame (I have seen 10 different bikes with 10 different ways of doing this) and the battery is on the rack, it looks like a regular saddlebag smaller, about the same size as a red brick.

Did I mention that I now I want a CarryME DS? :-s

3rd) Interesting fact about our bike:

They use a different philosophy here at Pacific-Cycles, CarryME doesnt have more than 150bikes the same, if you meet another CarryMe user chances are the bikes are different bikes. Every time they make a batch of bikes they improve the bikes slightly. today I saw the introduction of marks on the handlebar to help when folding and other bits.

I tried the 2009 version vs the 2010, they are different bikes, with the 2009 I couldnt take my hands of the handlebar, it felt twitchy, but when I tried the 2010 model I could do 2 pedalling cycles without hands! the stability with this small wheels is shockingly good!

They call this "Living Technology", and I like it! refreshing to see.

On a negative note, stay away from the CarryME suitcase, is really bulky, quite disappointing, it is good quality but its just huge! I think I will use my own hardcase.

4) On the 2010 model, Weight limit is 100kg or 220Lbs or 16stone

Last edited by Folding-Bikes; 08-30-10 at 05:07 AM.