Old 08-30-10, 01:28 PM
GriddleCakes
Tawp Dawg

Bikes: '06 Surly Pugsley, '14 Surly Straggler, '88 Kuwahara Xtracycle, '10 Motobecane Outcast 29er, '?? Surly Cross Check (wife's), '00 Trek 4500 (wife's), '12 Windsor Oxford 3-speed (dogs')

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Do you get that winter conditions vary by region? It doesn't sound like you need a winter bike, as you don't ride in a region where winter seriously alters road conditions. Some people want more wheel clearance to fit fenders and studded tires. Some people want a frame that doesn't rust in all the road salt, or one that they don't care whether it rusts. Some people like having a single-speed or IGH drivetrain so they don't have to deal with snow and ice packing into the cassette. Some people like having an excuse to own multiple bikes. Why do you have two? Would you like to have three?

Mind you, I don't have a winter bike. I just put studded tires on my sole bike and keep going. Since you plan on remaining a fair weather cyclist, not riding when it's icy, then winter tires probably won't do you any good. Just slap on some fenders and ride what you got, if that's what you want to do.