View Single Post
Old 09-09-02, 10:13 AM
nathank
cycle-powered

Bikes: '02 Specialized FSR, '03 RM Slayer, '99 Raleigh R700, '97 Norco hartail, '89 Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
as i have been racing on and off for a few years, there are times when i have to make myself ride as part of my "training" but even then, as soon as i actually get on the bike and go, i love it!

and yes, there are those days when it's cold or i bonk or whatever and i feel the pain, but it's always good and in retrospect i love it and can't imagine life without it.

i just spent a week of vacation riding acros the Alps from Germany to Italy with 432km and 15,000 vertical meters of climbing. it was a lot of work, a little bit of pain and most people like my co-workers think i'm a freak for doing such on "vacation", but I love it ----- if work = efforts, then yeah, it's work --- but if "work" is something i don't really want to do but have to do anyway, then Cycling is definitely NOT work for me...

i do pity those for whom almost any form of exercise is "work" and requires motivation and effort... i go crazy IF i don't