View Single Post
Old 08-31-10, 05:24 PM
Kurt Erlenbach

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by over1
When is the last time you heard: "My life was in the pits, and then, I started drinking, and now, I'm completely healthy and all my problems are solved!"
Pure alcohol = pure carbohydrates, which causes inflammation, the source of many illnesses.
So now...for readers who attempt to avoid reality and encourage chemical abuse by continuing to drink alcohol in spite of the growing combination of permanent physiological and sociological negative effects, you have my unlimited permission to ignore/poke fun at the above in a feeble attempt to rationalize and otherwise justify your behavior.
Alcohol is an odd thing. Having nothing to do with it is good. Drinking lightly is better for you. Drinking a lot is very bad for you. The research shows light to moderate drinking helps your heart without causing liver damage or other damage. And light to moderate drinking causes no or almost no intoxication. Few folks drink so as not to get at least a bit of a buzz, so too many folks don't stop at moderate.

I drink a few glasses of red wine a week becuase I believe the research. More than a glass or two results in a headache in the morning and an uncomfortable ride.