View Single Post
Old 09-01-10, 07:47 PM
droobieinop

Bikes: jamis xenith comp '08, trek 750 hybrid (w/drops) c.1995, centurian fixie, kona cindercone mtb c.2000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think I've mention that I am fortunate enogh to work at a LBS http://aboutbicyclesop.tripod.com/index.html. I also live less than 10 miles from the shop, this offers me the opportunity to ride about 35 miles a day. If you're ever in the area, stop by and say hey.

Originally Posted by FunkyStickman
Holy cow!!! Good job!
Likely my best ride ever. Felt good, took a few really strong pulls, stayed in till the last turn.
Originally Posted by mrz80
Whoa! That's mooovin' right along!
It is such a rush riding in a fast large group. Due to drafting, you can go so much faster than riding alone.
Originally Posted by abracapocus
droobieinop, I just looked at your Garmin Edge data and am all nerding out over the stats. STATS! Maybe one day. The Mapmyride/iphone combo definitely has its limitations. Also, if you passed me on the road I'd probably just feel a faint breeze and see speck off in the distance. ;-)

Last night I cleaned and lubed my chain. In my living room. Probably not the best choice. It's a pain working around the panniers. But would be more of a pain to take off the basket to get the panniers off.
The stats are way cool and I only look after a ride or at scheduled stops. My main screen, of three, only has cadense, speed, temp and time of day. When you are going at close to 30 with riders on atleast 3 sides you don't have time to take more than a flash of a glance at it anyway.

Might I suggest, to everyone, get yourselves a multi tool or chain tool and a KMC missing link. If you don't know about these, they are a better "master link" that is easy to pull apart without tools, in case of emergency. Once removed, it can be dipped in mineral spirits, wiped with a rag and reinstalled. I like to use White Lightening or some other wax based lube, it stays dry and sheds grime instead of collecting it.