Old 09-02-10, 03:49 PM
ultraman6970

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Yes and no, why? because u can have the best tools ever and if you are not careful or if you don't know how to make the tool work for you, it is useless. The problem u got was a user problem with the tools and looks like brute force works better for you. No, based in the picture that was not a problem in the equipment (the chain).

Just in case the darn pin is not suppose to go out 100% U take the pin off from one side and slide it almost to the limit at the other side using the tool, so you could take the inner chain link twisting it a little bit. If you take the pin out, and so far in the picture the pin is out, so i assume you got the ingenuity of taking the pin out w/o thinking 1st, the pin wont get IN in the right position again even with the pro tools, the pin is not suppose to come off the link in 1st place.

I do have the usual park tool and have never had a problem like that, and long time ago i had a chinese junk that was awefull ugly and bad, but i was careful, darn toll still works fine for me after like 25 years (if i cant find the park one). Even the cheappo Chinese one never gotten the pin broken that is the usual problem with these tools, my cheappy park one no problems either, so why spend 100 bucks in a pro one?

Would be better for you to practice how to use the tools instead

My utter lack of finesse ? <--- YES
A crummy chain tool ? <--- NO
A cheesy chain ? NO
Other? <-- think on what are u doing 1st.