Old 05-07-05, 06:12 PM
SSSasky
Mo' Senior

Bikes: 1984 Norco Monterey SL (Ishwata 3X butted), matte black, 42-15 fixed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My bad about the chain width. I'm not sure where I got that from. They definitely seem to be 3/32". The asthetics of the ring on the inside is still much nicer than anything I've had to date. I didn't realise it wasn't a real track crank, but I guess as long as I can find road stuff to fit, I won't worry about it. Sounds like it's a good deal. Must. Wait. For. Tax return.

I love my IRO wheels. I ordered a set of hubs only and had my LBS build a wheel, but in retrospect, I really wish I had just gotten the deluxe wheelset (with Deep-Vs). It's a great deal. I don't put any real care into my hubs, and after a full year including tons of rain, snow, and salt, they still run beautifully. At some point I'll probably treat them to some new bearings, but the originals still roll very smoothly.

My only real complaint is that it's fixed/free. If the hub was fixed/fixed I think it would be an unbeatable deal. When I manage to get the old freewheel off, I'll probably bum-bike the free side with a secondary cog.

Word.