View Single Post
Old 05-07-05, 09:53 PM
NPswimdude500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, so i'm up for a new bike. the one i've got is a department store bike, and has served me well (that is, when it wasn't broken). 2003 Mongoose Intake, stock, in case you care.

Here's what i do:
-Primarily light trails
-The roads i ride are really beat up, so they're pretty much light trails by themselves...
-Maybe twice a week, i go do a larger/longer/tougher trail.
-Perhaps once or twice a month i will do some serious trail riding.

Here's what i'd like:
-Full suspension mountain bike (please, please don't tell me i could do better with a hardtail because 1. you're not going to change my mind and 2. a hardtail isn't what i want. so please, instead of posting a hardtail suggestion, just stick to the fs bikes)
-Preferably disc brakes, but they aren't necessary (i've always had problems with rim brakes....and it damn nearly killed me today...)
-I'd really like something that can take a decent beating.....i'm not gonna go kill the thing, but it should at least be able to handle moderate trail riding...)

I'm willing to put out:
Well, my parents said they'd put up $600 for a bike. There's the $600 figure. But they also said that if i throw in some cash, they'd give $500. THE MOST i would be willing to add would be $400. (and for $900, this bike better have everything i want....). So, if you add my $400 to my parents' $500, that's $900. MY MAXIMUM PRICE CEILING!

Also:
-I don't want to make any upgrades....at all. this thing better work stock.
-I posted this thread because a user got flamed for doing the same in the $500 mtb thread....
-Like i said i'm not about to change my opinion....so please don't try (pretty please ?)
-Please don't flame me either. it's been a rough week....and i'm totally not in the mood...

Many, many thanks in advance for any insight you can/will provide. It's been drilled into my skull that you can't get a decent FS bike for less than $1000, but $900 is pretty close, and i'll settle with last years model if it'll save me cash. (Also, i don't entirely believe the above sentiment )

Thanks again, Chris

EDIT: screw it. it ain't worth the complaints, i'll just get a damn hardtail. got any suggestions for those? and for $600-$900 it BETTER have disc brakes.....

Last edited by NPswimdude500; 05-08-05 at 06:55 PM.