Old 09-06-10, 11:41 PM
J.Wolfe
Addicted Newb

Bikes: 1974 Huffy Contestant: SOLD 1980 Fuji Royale: CURRENT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Never thought of owning a road bike untill a week ago...and now ive already owned 2?!

HI

As you can see this is the first post but did not want to do an intro so i figured id start here.

Last week i finally decided my skateboard was not the best for getting around sense i moved off campus this year at Temple U in Philly. So out of pure randomness bought this old 1974 Huffy Contestant in great condition on craigslist. 90 bucks! Did a little work on it hoping to restore it including new paint...

i loved it but quickly found that my first intentions were to just have any old bike that could do the job of getting around, but soon found a great love for the vintage road bikes and could not settle. I quickly sold the bike for 125 after owning it for all of 3 days.

So i knew a little bit about bike brands from friends because it seems everyone at my school has some sort of road bike. And i came across this baby and automatically fell in love. A 1980 Fuji Royale. Guy was asking 225 firm, but managed to widdle my way to snagging it for 200

Now i feel i got a deal but as i said im still very new to all this. Ive already put some new white bar grips on it and am getting a white soma hisan saddle tomorrow (ive heard they arnt the comfiest but its my short commuter so i will manage). Plans after that not really sure besides keeping this thing pristine and getting some white wall tires down the line.

comments and questions are welcome on anything and please give me any info as i want to learn as much as possible.

also here is the bike bio:

Has a 33 1/4" standover height and measures 57 cm from center of crank to center of seat tube good for riders in the 5'10 to 6'1" height range. Frame marked "Fuji Chromoly 441 tubing"Suntour Vx rear and front derailers. Nitto alloy stem and alloy handlebars. Dia-Compe alloy brakesets and alloy levers with optional upright brake levers. Suntour bar end shifters. 3 piece Fuji alloy crank. Mavic alloy rear wheel and Super Chance Competition alloy front wheel - both are quick release and both have BRAND NEW 27" X 1 1/4" gumwall tires. Original Fuji saddle.

thanks!

Justin