Old 09-10-02, 09:06 AM
Trek2Kgirl
Donating member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by Redhed
As for the computer, I wonder if Specialized can help me with that. I guess I will have to reset the whole thing. It is a Specialized Pro, it has the cadence function but I could never get it to work, maybe it works now..... Does anyone else have one of these? Any problems?
I've got the same computer. I find that the cadence sensor magnet on the crank needs to be positioned just so in order for it to work. If you have a workstand, put your bike in it (if not, have someone hold it up by the saddle), nudge the cadence sensor, and spin the cranks. Keep nudging and spinning until you get a cadence readout. Keep in mind that it will take a few revolutions of the pedals in order for a readout to appear. Once you get the positioning of the sensor right, mark it somehow so you can fix it if it happens to slip. I end up having to reset my cadence sensor just about every time I clean my bike. Because of the shape of the cranks, it's hard to get the sensor to stay put.

As far as the computer resetting itself, it sounds like you may have lost your settings. I've never had that happen, but I find that the computer is pretty sensitive. If I take it off the bike and it gets bounced around at all, it'll show crazy numbers like a maximum speed of 200 mph. Now I love going fast, but I know I've never gone THAT fast! Anyhoo, try setting the computer up again and see if it works. Check with Specialized, too.

Be good to yourself!

Sue