View Single Post
Old 09-08-10, 07:46 PM
Virginian

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lycc825, before I answer your questions, I must add that I am a packrat and am always looking for good deals. I have many of the parts already needed, so to answer your questions:
1. Why I chose it? Well, it was available in my size and the price was a major factor, and most things I read it about were pretty positive. Got a Performance store in town, so can get it shipped free to the store.
2. Disc only? I like disc brakes and happen to have purchased a set of Avid BB's at a good price a while back.
3. Most money I will spend is on the wheelsets....still debating on what hubs to use. I am thinking of using Velocity Deep V's.
4. Cross specific frame with cantilevers? Well, am a relatively newbie and would appreciate suggestions for what you would recommend.
5. Not worried about the races that don't allow disc brakes because this is a training bike, both for riding and learning how to mechanic one. Never liked it when I couldn't fix something. I bought a busted motorcycle engine (thrown rod) once so I could take it apart and put it back together to learn how to do that.

Lastly, thank you for your kind response and again, any suggestion you have for frame is appreciated.