Mojo GoGo

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Madone 5.2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Crying in my beer

Well, I got the call I was dreading today

I'm 43 days into a 90 day wait for my Felt F2C and my LBS just called... They just got off the line with Felt and apparently all back ordered bikes that were scheduled to be delivered and June and July are being indefinately delayed (no projected (or even bogus Felt based) delivery date in August or September).

I put money down back in March and because of that the LBS is willing to keep my $2399 purchase price agreement (as Felt increased the price in early April to $2599 with no advanced warning for bikes yet to be delivered). I'm kind of bummed as I've been dreaming about riding it this summer although with all of the bad pub on the forum I can't say I'm surprised... I told the LBS that I'm going to wait my order out - he said that once parts come in they might release bikes in August or September as 06 models (and if others start to mass cancel orders who knows...). My hope is that they maintain or upgrade the specs for the 06 model so that with patience I can still get a good deal instead of waiting all year just to cancel my order if they downgrade the specs on the bike (man I wish I could have got that American Classic wheelset).

Mojo NoGo