View Single Post
Old 09-14-10, 08:44 PM
cranky old dude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
The View from My Saddle: Sept. 2010

It’s been a long while since I’ve ventured out into the world for a recreational ride, over six weeks I believe. Well, the last couple of days I was able to rectify that situation and now you’re all going to have to suffer through some more pictures.

Much like these Sail Boats from Ontario Canada that you see here motoring into the tomb like isolation of Lock #32 on the Erie Canal, I felt isolated from the world while being off of my bike for so long.

Sure I was sheltered from all the nasty weather, just like those boats behind the lock gate are isolated from the tumultuousness of the water level change…..

….necessary to allow the Lock Gate to open allowing them to continue their journey.

What I missed by not being out on my bikes was the waning of the Summer season. Yes I know, it still looks like Summer out there, but if you look closely you’ll notice a few leaves have already started to turn and drop.

The Lifeguard stations are gone as are the swimmers, boaters, and sunbathers.

The volleyball nets and teams are gone. The throngs off people have abandoned the boardwalk and in their place I see a lone treasure hunter with his trusty metal detector, two lovers in a gazebo, and a young mother with her toddler playing in the sand.

The high school crew teams are out training for their Autumn races.

The canal tour boats look forelorn and forgotten on the empty Pittsford Landing.

Last edited by cranky old dude; 09-14-10 at 08:55 PM.